Posted on September 1, 2020 / Matters
Tintern Parent Group – A Gift for the Year 12 Students
The Tintern Parent’s Group recently reached out to all Year 12 students, gifting them each a $25 Uber Eats voucher.
They were aware that this year’s Year 12 group are experiencing a final year of schooling like no other. Many of their activities and highlights for their final year of schooling at Tintern being cancelled due to the COVID-19 restrictions. As their schooling has been moved to online delivery and exam dates have been moved, the TPG wanted to make a contribution to brighten their day.
Sent by email to each Year 12 student on Monday 17 August, the vouchers were well received and appreciated.
Tintern Grammar Community Business Listing
To further support our strong community and fellowship, Tintern Grammar has established a Community Business Directory. You can view the current listings here, we invite you to support these local businesses.
We understand that the constantly changing situation with COVID-19 has impacted businesses across our community, therefore if you are currently reshaping your business model to accommodate the changing landscape or simply wanting to share new business offers, you can now join our business register by filling out our online form here.
we look forward to supporting your business.
Working With Children Check
Tintern Grammar requires all volunteers to have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC). Our volunteers are a vital part of our Community, whether a member of one of sour Community groups, or assisting at an event If you are intending to volunteer at Tintern in the future:
If you have a current WWCC
- Please provide a copy to us in Community Relations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Tintern Grammar by Tuesday 26 May 2020.
- You are also required to register as a Volunteer of Tintern Grammar through your WWCC Account here.
If you don’t have a current WWCC
- Applying as a Volunteer is free and easy. You can register online here.
- Please ensure you register as a volunteer of Tintern Grammar, and include any other organizations at which you volunteer.
- When completed, send the confirmation through to us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Online Parent Group Catch Ups
With the current Social Distancing requirements it has been almost impossible for our parents to catch up. Some of our Parent Representatives have been organizing online meet ups via Zoom, House Party, Whats App or any number of other social apps. Look out for communications regarding any year level catch ups for your class.
Although this looks very different to the dinners, morning teas and mini golf sessions that many were planning at the beginning of the year, it is equally important that as parents and guardians you stay connected with each other, as well as your children stay connected with their school and friends.
Please remember if you hear of any distress, concerns or questions within your year level, please do not hesitate to let your immediate class room teacher/pastoral mentor know or feel welcome to reach out directly to your Head of School. If you are not sure, you are always welcome to call or email me as well (firstname.lastname@example.org or 9845 7893). I am working both from home and in the office so any messages left on my phone will be received, so please feel free to leave me a message if you do prefer to phone in.
We still have a number of junior school year groups along with the Year 12 cohort, who do not have ‘official’ parent reps. If you have a son or daughter these years please let me know if you, or someone you know could help out, or you may know of someone already doing the role.
As they saying goes “We are all in this together” so please do not hesitate to reach out if you need.
Community Committee Dates
Please note that due to Tintern moving to online teaching in response to the Covid19 virus, all Community Group Meetings will be held online.
Further information will be provided.
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Tuesday 8 September at 7.30pm President: Haidee Wallace Zoom: Click here to join meeting Password: TPG
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 14 October at 8pm President: Debra Fryer Zoom: Click here to join Meeting Password: FOM
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Monday 5 October at 7.30pm President: Michael Biggs Zoom: Click here to join Meeting Password: FOYF
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meetings: TBC
- YG 2015 5 Year Reunion – Postponed to Friday 9 October, pending restrictions, offsite- Book Here
- This event may be postponed depending on Government regulations.
Community Group Fundraising
We are thrilled to announce that Entertainment is going 100% digital. New Entertainment Memberships that we know and love, will only be available via our App from next season onward. Excitingly this means that you Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of activation.
With many new offers and all the old favourites the value of this book is incredible!
You can purchase a membership now, for yourself, friend or family member, and activate at any time over the next 6 months (extended from 60 days). You then have 12 months to take full advantage of the many wonderful offers!
You can purchase Woolworths Wish e-vouchers for a 5% discount. Whether purchasing to do your weekly groceries, shopping at Big W, or stocking up on Essentials at BWS, Cellarmasters or Dan Murphy’s, or even getting petrol at Woolworths Caltex, the savings can add up:
Please click here to order your Entertainment book from Tintern Grammar. Instantly purchase and access a digital membership which can then be used on two separate devices.
Please contact Community Relations on 9845 7877 for further information.
All proceeds raised go towards the fundraising for the TPG!