Posted on December 11, 2019 / Matters
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
The Community Relations team and all the Community Groups would like to take this opportunity to wish all Tintern Grammar families a happy and safe Christmas. It has been a pleasure to work with all Community Volunteers; whether you help in the classroom, belong to a community group or contribute to a Community event, your time is genuinely valued. All the Community Groups have experienced a successful year that is truly reflective of our families. We look forward to your ongoing support in 2020.
Principal’s Thank You Night
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us for the Principal’s Volunteer Thank You evening on the 28 November. It was wonderful to be able to thank so many of the incredible people who have volunteered their time and expertise to help make the many Community events held throughout the year so amazing!
Save the Date – Trivia Night 2020
Please save the date now for the 2020 TPG Trivia Night – Saturday 29 February 2020.
Junior School Gingerbread Decorating
Thank you to the incredible Tintern Parents Group who once again organized Christmas Gingerbread decorating for the Junior Schools. A thank you also to every family who donated to this event. The students had an incredible time decorating their cookies. It really was incredible how many lollies can fit on a single biscuit!
Working With Children Check
Tintern Grammar requires all volunteers to have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC). If you are intending to volunteer at Tintern, now or in the future, could you please send a copy of your WWCC to either the Junior School assistants or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively pop in to the Main Administration where they will be happy to take a copy for you.
Community Committee Dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 6 February 2020 at 7.00pm Kennedy Cottage President: Haidee Wallace
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 12 February 2020 CM Wood Common Room President: Debra Fryer
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Monday 10 February 2020 at 7.30pm President: Meaghan Cross
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meeting: Friday 7 February 2020 Kennedy Cottage President: Vacant Vice President: Karen Trevorrow
Upcoming Community Dates:
- Foundation Service and Community Morning Tea – Friday 7 February 2020 – Book here
- Friends of Equestrian Demonstration Day – Friday 27 March 2020
- 20th Annual Interschool Horse Trial Championships – Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 April 2020
- Alumni Career Event – Thursday 21 May 2020
- Class of 2010, 10 Year Reunion – Saturday 22 February 2020 – Booking link coming soon
Entertainment Books – Now Valid for 12 Months
We are thrilled to announce that Entertainment is going 100% digital. New Entertainment Memberships that we know and love, will only be available via our App from next season onward. Excitingly this means that you Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of activation. The perfect Christmas Gift!
With many new offers and all the old favourites the value of this book is incredible!
Please click here to order your Entertainment book from Tintern Grammar. Instantly purchase and access a digital membership which can then be used on two separate devices.
Please contact Community Relations on 9845 7877 for further information.
All proceeds raised go towards the fundraising for the TPG!
Tea Towels 2019 – An excellent Christmas gift!
Creating Lasting Memories!
Our limited edition tea towel design will be made up of self-portraits drawn by all our children and staff. There are 3 separate designs by our junior girls, boys and ELC.
The pictures and names are arranged as a commemorative design and screen printed onto premium 100% white cotton tea towels.
Don’t forget to order a few extras for family members and your keepsake box. Now only $10 each!
To order this treasured keepsake please visit:
There is a tea towel on display in the Girls and Boys Junior School and the ELC.
Please note: limited quantities available.
Thank you for your continued support!
2017 Tea Towels Designs
Tintern Grammar Photo Albums – Protect your School Photos!
Protect your child’s school photos with a stunning Tintern Photo Album. The TPG is offering beautiful quality made customised ‘buckram’ binders for only $72. The albums are Navy, featuring the school crest and name printed in silver on the front cover and come complete with 10 transparent sheet inserts.
The albums are great for storing:
– The official school photos
– NAPLAN and ICAS results
– Sports and performer ribbons
– Programs from concerts, sports days and special assemblies
– Newsletter clippings
– Your own scrapbook creations (as the pages are 30cm x 30cm standard scrapbook size)
In fact, if you think of it like a filing cabinet of memories, over the years it builds up into quite a treasure! Samples can be viewed in the uniform shop and all orders are now taken at this link through trybooking.
Once you have placed your order, please take your confirmation to the Uniform Shop to collect your Album and/or extra pages.