TPG Mango Drive 2021 – Book your Pick-up Now!
Thank you to those who ordered TPG Mangoes. They have arrived!
Everyone who placed an order has been sent an email with details on how to book your drive-through collection. Please check your Junk email folder, and if you cannot locate it, contact us to email@example.com or 9845 7777.
Collection Times are available in 15 minute slots, from:
- ELC Car park – ELC Families Only
- Bush Car Park – Junior Schools collection Point
- Bus Bay – for Secondary families and others
On these dates and times:
- Wednesday 24 November – 7.45am to 8.30am and 1.45pm to 2.45pm
- Thursday 25 November – 7.45am to 8.30am
Only limited places will be available per time slot to help ensure a quick collection and allow for social distancing. Masks are required to be worn protect our community.
Here are some delicious mango recipes you could try (select the image):
TPG Second-hand Book Sale 2021
The Tintern Parents Group are pleased to once again partner with I Love Books on a second-hand book sale.
Selling your Books through I Love Books:
Follow the steps below to utilise this free and easy service:
- Create your “Seller’s Form” at ilovebooks.com.au/sell and print this out. Books cannot be accepted without this form. Watch the 2-minute video for help: http://www.ilovebooks.com.au/sellBe sure to read the Terms and Conditions.
- Bundle up your books securely and attach/include the printed Seller’s Form. TPG and ILB cannot be held responsible for lost items that are not packaged appropriately.
- Bring your books to school in a weather proof bag, and drop them off at the Canoe/Boat Trailer Shed on your left as you enter Gate 1 (Bus Bay entrance) between Monday 22 November and Wednesday 1 December. If you prefer, you can take them directly to the ILB store and use their contactless drop off bin.
- NOTE: Please DO NOT leave books at school after Wednesday 1 December. Any items left after this date will be donated/disposed of.
- Your books will be processed by ILB accordingly. You will receive an email confirmation from them with details of your account.
Buying Your Books from I Love Books:
Visit ILB on Saturday 4 December anytime between 8am and 12noon for the Tintern Exclusive Shopping Day to purchase your New or Second-hand books and supplies for 2022.
The Book Sale Event is at ‘I Love Books’ 12 Arcade Road, Mont Albert North, 3129
Order books online here: https://orders.ilovebooks.com.au/catalogue/
New in 2021 to I Love Books is ordering from the Booklist:
- Print your Booklist and highlight the books you require
- Indicate if you want Good, Excellent or As New Condition (default is excellent if not indicated)
- You can also choose to buy new where Secondhand isn’t available.
- Attach the booklist securely to your bundle of secondhand books.
- I Love Books will contact you to confirm availability, collection or postage.
If you have any questions please contact the TPG by email here or I Love books by email here.
Friends of Equestrian
The Tintern Friends of Equestrian Committee is a parent led group of equine enthusiasts who gather to support the children of Tintern in their equestrian pursuits. We organise training days in all disciplines and run the prestigious Tintern Horse Trials. Of which many Tintern students have been able to benefit from in the past.
For the FOE to continue offering this support and organising opportunities for our ‘horsey’ community, we are in desperate need of new faces.
A number of riders are now nearing the end of their Tintern days, and with them, their devoted parents who have been invaluable on the committee, are also moving on. I am sad to say that without new people joining the committee, we will not be able to continue. After 22 years it would be a shame to close it now.
Please if you have any interest joining us, please get in touch with either Sherie on 0484750500 or Nelaana to discuss how you can help.
Presentation Ball Committee
Are you interested in being involved in the Presentation Ball Committee? An opportunity has opened up to join the Committee and take this traditional pastime into a new era.
Offered each year to our Year 11 students, it is a wonderful opportunity for them to receive modern dance instruction whilst having fun and experiencing a formal presentation to family and friends.
If you are interested in being a part of this Committee, please contact Di Lacey in Community Relations on 9845 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in taking on the role of Parent Representative?
Wanting to continue as Parent Rep for your 2021 Class or Year Level?
Parent Representative are a liaison between parents/guardians and the school. Informing parents about activities planned either by Tintern, our community groups or within the class or year level, such as fundraisers or events.
Parent Reps also organise class or year level functions to provide parents with the opportunity of meeting and socialising in a relaxed atmosphere. It would be a great opportunity for class groups to connect, while supporting our local community cafes and restaurants still recovering from the lockdowns.
We greatly appreciate the time and commitment given by our Parent Reps. This role is suitable for Parents or Guardians who are in the workforce or who undertake home responsibilities.
A special thank you to our wonderful team of Parent Representatives from 2021. Though the year was again not what we expected, with the cancellation of many events, we greatly appreciated their efforts in unusual times.
Thank you to all those who have already signed on as Parent Reps for 2022. We are very grateful for your support. The role can be shared between many people, so please get in touch with you are interested or would like to volunteer, by email email@example.com or by phone 03 9845 7877.
Community Committee Dates
Community Group Meetings have returned to Zoom due to the current restrictions. Please check the information below carefully for details:
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: TBC President: Haidee Wallace Location: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: TBC President: Debra Fryer Location: Online due to the lockdown, click here to join.
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: TBC President: Ranald Young Zoom: Click here to join Meeting Password: FOYF
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Interested in joining FOE, contact them here to be included in meeting notifications
Upcoming Reunions 2021
- YG 2006 – 15 Year Reunions – Saturday 27 November 2021 at 7.30pm High and Dry Bar, Sage Hotel, Ringwood – Book here
Reunions Postponed to 2022
- YG 2015, 5+1 Year Reunion
- YG 2016, 5 Year Reunion
- YG 2005 – 15+1 Year Reunion
Community Group Fundraising
The Entertainment Book is now 100% digital! Excitingly this means that your Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of activation.
With many new offers and all the old favourites the value of this book is incredible!
You can purchase a membership now, for yourself, friend or family member, and activate at any time over the next 6 months (extended from 60 days). You then have 12 months to take full advantage of the many wonderful offers!
You can purchase Woolworths Wish e-vouchers for a 3% discount. Whether purchasing to do your weekly groceries, shopping at Big W, or stocking up on Essentials at BWS, Cellarmasters or Dan Murphy’s, or even getting petrol at Woolworths Caltex, the savings can add up:
Please click here to order your Entertainment book from Tintern Grammar. Instantly purchase and access a digital membership which can then be used on two separate devices.
Please contact Community Relations on 9845 7877 for further information.
All proceeds raised go towards the fundraising for the TPG!