Posted on October 19, 2016 / Senior College
Selected students from Years 7, 8 and 9 achieved outstanding results when they participated in the International Competition and Assessment for Schools (ICAS) Writing Competition run by the University of New South Wales. It is an annual competition entered by students from Australia and overseas. All students receive a certificate and an individual student report indicating which questions they answered correctly, their total score as well as their average compared with the rest of the students in the State. The student report is also useful for highlighting student strengths and weaknesses in skills, and comparing their progress with previous results. Further personal details regarding individual student performance can be obtained from http://www.eaa.unsw.edu.au. Select Get Student Results from the top left corner of the screen and then enter your TAP-ID and Password (PIN) which are found at the bottom of the letter accompanying the certificate.
The best results were as follows:
- Joshua Choong
- Oscar de Jong (English Medallion winner for the highest score)
- Zoe Liew
- Sarah Thompson
- Ashleigh Dowling (English Medallion winner for the highest score)
- Zoe Forbes (English Medallion winner for the highest score)
- Amanda Samarasekara (English Medallion winner for the highest score)
- NB These students achieved an identical score!
- Kate Swain (English Medallion winner for the highest score)
- Sean Chisholm
- Molly Fleming
- Meaghan Hynson
- Jasmin Liew
- Nicolani Susanto
- Kaitlyn Woodhill
Congratulations to all students who participated in this year’s Writing Competition.
Head of English