Posted on April 21, 2016 / Senior College
As we come to the end of the first fortnight of Term 2, I am reminded that we are at that time of the school year when students may wear either the full summer uniform or the full winter uniform. This time of transition is most appropriate given the recent “Indian Summer” we have enjoyed in recent days. I do wish to emphasise that there is to be no mixing of the two acceptable versions of the school uniform. Full details of the winter uniform are contained in the Senior College Handbook which all families should have a copy of at home and which were also included in the end of Term 1 edition of Aspectus. The dates when full Winter Uniform must be worn are: from 1 June through to 31 August inclusive.
Some upcoming activities that Senior College families should be aware of and which are scheduled across the next few weeks are as follows:
- Monday 25 April, Ringwood RSL ANZAC Dawn Service at the Ringwood Clocktower commencing at 6am; numbers are always large so it is crucial to be there no later than 5.45am. Tintern Grammar will be represented by our School Leaders and by various senior staff and families are invited to join this commemoration of the bravery and service of our combined forces.
- Wednesday 27 April, Senior College House Cross Country, offsite at Lilydale Lake, 12.30 – 3.25pm
- Saturday 30 April & Sunday 1 May, Annual Music Camp
- Saturday 7 May, Poverty Project Trivia Night in the CM Wood Centre, 6 – 9.30pm, organised by our Social Justice Leaders
- Saturday 14 May, Friends of Music Jazz Night in the CM Wood Centre, 7 – 11pm
- Tuesday 17 May, House Music final rehearsal, followed by the House Music Competition in the CM Wood Centre, 10.30am – 12.50pm
Finally, I need to make all Senior College families aware that I am on leave from Tuesday 26 April through to Tuesday 17 May inclusive. During this time, Mrs Heather Ruckert, Year 10 Co-ordinator and Careers Counsellor will be acting Head of Senior College and can be contacted for issues related to the Senior College that you would normally refer to me. Of course, for most matters the expectation is that your first contact will be through your daughter’s/son’s Pastoral Mentor or through a specific subject teacher.
With kind regards to all families,