Posted on August 29, 2017 / Senior College
Lara Horman was recently selected to represent Victoria in the Under 17 Years softball team. Olivia and Ashley Cross have also been selected to play Indoor Netball for Victoria in the 16 Years and Under Ladies team and will be playing in Queensland shortly. The girls will also be representing Victoria at the national level of competition in late November and early December.
Congratulations to these students who have shown not only exceptional talent but also the dedication and commitment to balance training requirements in combination with their academic studies at school.
Ashley and Olivia Cross
In order to assist families, the key end of year dates have been provided below and students will bring home further details and the reply slips before the end of this term. A copy of this information is also available on the Year 10 portal page.
Year 10 Examinations
- Study Day: Friday 10 November
- Examinations: Monday 13 – Thursday 16 November
Year 10 Social at Alfred’s Homestead (Optional)
- Thursday 16 November 7.00 – 10.30pm
- Friday 17 November – Session 1: 2.30pm – 9.30pm
- Bus departs Tintern at 2.00pm
- Parent Session presented by a Victoria Police representative commences at 7.30pm
- Students make their own way home at 9.30pm
- Monday 27 November – Session 2: 8.30am – 3.00pm
- Bus departs Tintern at 8.30a
- Bus will depart METEC at 3.00pm for return trip to school.
Year 10 – 11 Academic Transition Week
- Monday 20 November – Friday 24 November (inclusive)
Level 2 First Aid (Optional)
- Tuesday 28 November – Wednesday 29 November
The course will be held in C10 & C11 in the Senior College. Students are to arrive by 8.45am and sessions conclude at 3.30pm each day.
Please Note: Students not participating in the optional METEC and First Aid courses are NOT required at school on these days.
by Heather Ruckert, Year 10 Co-ordinator