Posted on October 30, 2018 / Senior College
Celebration Evening 2018
A wonderful night of celebration was held at Robert Blackwood Hall on Saturday 20 October. This evening is an opportunity to recognise and celebrate the achievements of our secondary students as well as farewell the Class of 2018. It was terrific to have many students given the opportunity to showcase their talents as they performed in music, drama and dance items that were truly impressive. The massed singing item, a medley from Sister Act, saw all students and staff on stage singing together and was a wonderful final performance. All items will be long remembered, particularly the year 12 Leaving Song and our Class of 2018 singing the school songs before departing the hall. The inspirational speeches from our two School Captains, Tara McAsey and Jack Read were also a highlight.
Congratulations to all Year 10 and 11 students who received Subject, Academic, Compass and Overall Excellence Awards. I would like to recognise the recipients of the ‘Special Awards’ that were awarded at Celebration Evening; these awards are not listed in the program as they are announced on the night.
- The June Ward Trophy for Commitment to Girls Sport – Isabella Wright
- The Pinnacle Trophy for Commitment to Boys Sport – Victor Tran
- The Sylvia Walton Trophy for Excellence in Sport – Courtney Snowball
- The Mei Lyn Wong Award for the Dux of the School, 2017 – Brittany Read
- The Marisa Sibson Award – Eliza Allen
- The Elizabeth Ann Walker Art Encouragement Award – Gemma Bettess and Emily Bizley
- The International Student Award – Edward Li and Maria Ruan
- The Young Farmers’ Award – Amy Taylor and Ella Watt
- The Tintern Grammar Parents’ Group Awards – Yasmin Lobo and Jack Oberstar
- Friends of Young Farmers’ Award – The David Wilkinson Award – Ashlea Cross and Olivia Cross
- The Lyn Bartold Performing Arts Awards – Nora Scanlan
- The Friends of Music Award – Gerard Barclay and Holly Fryer
- The Long Tan Leadership and Teamwork Award – Annabelle McKenzie
- School Awards – Ruby Ameer, Stefan Bennett, Gavin Choong, Daniella Cosentino, Jimmy Cox, Ella Donoghue, Alex Eadie, Holly Fryer, Caitlin Howley, Siobhan Muirhead, Brooke Thompson
- The Caltex Best All-Rounder Awards – Mae Eadie
- The Chairman’s Awards – Jack Read and Ruby Wensor
- The Sylvia Walton Award – Victor Tran
- The Emma B Cook Award – Tara McAsey
Congratulations to the Year 12 students for the respectful and considerate celebrations held at the school during their final days before the ‘swotvac’ period. On Tuesday 23 October we held our Year 12 Valedictory Service. This has become an annual tradition as the final farewell to our Year 12 cohort. We wish all our Year 12 students all the best for the written VCE and IB examination period that commenced this week and we will look forward to seeing many of our Year 12 students and their families on Wednesday 21 November at our Valedictory Dinner at Leonda on the Yarra.