Posted on February 12, 2019 / Senior College
The school subscribes to ‘Career News’ that collates information about tertiary courses, upcoming events and vocational insights that assist students with their career planning. Copies will be added to the Careers tab on the Portal. Senior College students are also emailed a copy of the Career News content each week so that they can easily access material from the hyperlinks. The first and second editions are now available here and include the following items:
Number 1 Career News 1 February 2019
- What the Career Centre can assist you with?
- Applying for a Tax File Number (TFN)
- ANU Tuckwell Scholarship
- The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- A Diplomatic Career – Making a Difference
- Why study Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University?
- Career as an Optometrist
Number 2 Career News 4 February 2019
- Faculty of Engineering Co-Operative Program at Monash University
- Course Seeker Website
- Considering a Career in:
- Speech Pathology
- Health Information Management (HIM)
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Medical Career Planning Fact Sheets
- Snapshot of Bond University in 2019
- Courses in Global and International Studies
Year 10 Work Experience Program
Year 10 students will be participating in the Work Experience Program from Monday 17 to Friday 21 June. Students are required to organise a placement before the end of Term 1. If additional time is required then please contact Ms Julie Ennor (Work Experience Co-ordinator) or myself in the Careers Department.
Students are required to return the initial form no later than Thursday 4 April, which is the last day of Term 1. An official Work Experience package will then be prepared and sent to the employer for their signature. Copies of the initial form and a booklet of information for students can be found here.
Changes to Obtaining a Tax File Number
A reminder that The Australian Taxation Office has altered the application process for obtaining a Tax File Number. Schools can no longer process applications for students. This link provides details about the new procedures that are similar to applying for a passport.