Posted on October 16, 2018
The focus in Careers has been with the Year 12s as they finalise their tertiary preferences, explore apprenticeship training or discover opportunities in the workforce. Year 9s have also been reminded to find a Work Experience placement as soon as possible as this has also become a competitive process for students.
It is important to highlight key information contained in the latest edition of Career News Number 30 including the ‘Pathways Beyond School’ events that focus on apprenticeships and traineeships at Swinburne TAFE in Wantirna and Box Hill Institute Lakeside Lilydale Campus. Entry is free and please use the original document saved on the Portal to access the booking links.
The other key information is the list of tertiary change of preference support for the Year 12 students. Career News Number 30 includes the dates, contact details and hyperlinks for students to access support following VCE results on Friday 14 December until the closure of the change of preference period on Wednesday 19 December. IB students must also access assistance during this time.
Career News Number 30 is now available on the Portal at http://portal.tintern.vic.edu.au/homepage/14962/ and includes the following items:
Career News Number 30
- Farewell message to Year 12’s
- Dates to Diarise in Term 4
- VTAC 2019 Key Dates
- Holmesglen Institute Student Showcase
- Changes to Entry Requirements into Bachelor Degrees at William Angliss
- Study Assist
- Tax File Number
- Low Income Healthcare Card for Australian Students
- Bachelor of Media Production at ACU
- Pathways Beyond School Information Evenings
- Change of Preference (COP) Dates & Contact Details for Year 12’s