Posted on July 24, 2018
Year 12 Post Secondary Information Night
Date: Thursday 9 August
Time: 7.30 – 8.45pm
Location: Tintern Theatre
Please note this evening is for parents or guardians and students are not required to attend as they will receive the information at a level assembly. The format of the evening includes an overview of the VTAC application process with reference to interstate and overseas applications, the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) and a presentation from the Deakin University Admissions team to provide insights into the transition process from school to tertiary study including advice for families.
Year 12 Student Reminder: ACU Community Achiever Program Applications Close on 31 July
Students interested in courses at ACU are encouraged to apply and to investigate other early entry programs such as the ‘Passion for Business’ and the ‘Passion for Law’.
Please note: ASPIRE is another conditional early entry program offered by La Trobe University.
Tertiary Open Days
The Year 10s, 11s and 12s have been emailed a list of Open Days and a copy is also saved on the Portal at https://portal.tintern.vic.edu.au/homepage/16009/ . Open Days are generally during the month of August so students should organise their visits by using the various Open Day Planners such https://www.swinburne.edu.au/openday/plan-your-day/ from Swinburne University. Year 10 and 11 students are encouraged to attend at least one Open Day while Year 12s should be refining their preferences.
Some Tips to Maximise the Value from Open Days…
- Check registration requirements prior to Open Days
- Plan the day using the institution’s Open Day Guide which is available beforehand from their website noting the timing of information sessions
- If a course includes an interview/folio presentation as part of the selection process (e.g. Design related courses), students may well be asked about experiences or impressions gained at Open Day
- Prepare questions for staff and students such as course requirements, industry placements, employment opportunities or study abroad opportunities
- Consider the general environment, for example, rural or urban, city or suburban, large or small, range of clubs or societies, student support services and transport
The latest editions of Career News Numbers 18 and 19 are now available on the Portal at http://portal.tintern.vic.edu.au/homepage/14962/ and includes the following items:
- Dates for the diary in Term 3
- REMINDER: Scholarships at Bond University
- REMINDER: Inside Monash Seminar Series 2018
- Bachelor of Engineering Practice (Honours) at Swinburne University
- Studying Osteopathy at Victoria University
- Career as a Navy Helicopter Pilot
- Career as a Paramedic
- Snapshot of Victoria University in 2018
- Dates for the Diary in Term 3
- REMINDER: Community Achiever Program at ACU
- What is VET in the VCE?
- News from Monash University
- Entry Scheme for the Bachelor of Science
- Explore the World of Science with Mysci
- IT vs. Computer Science vs. Software Engineering
- Deakin University Open Day Travel and Accommodation Offer
- What is a Barrister?
- Exercise Science & Sport Degrees in Victoria
- Snapshot of The University of Sydney in 2018
- Open Days 2018
- Getting the Most out of an Open Day