Posted on May 30, 2017 / Senior College
Tintern Grammar Careers Night – ‘Find your Future Self’
Our recent new initiative involving alumni sharing their experiences and having a ‘Career Conversation’ with our Years 9 to 12 students and families was a great success. This evening was a unique opportunity to find out about Career pathways, different industries and explore different areas of interest.
University Experience Days – Targeted Exploration…
Over the holiday period there are a number of events that allow students to undertake initial and more targeted exploration of courses prior to Open Days that mainly occur during August. The format of these days generally includes general presentations, campus tours and specific workshops.
- ACU Ballarat the Melbourne Campuses
Please visit acu.edu.au/uni-experience to register for The ACU University Experience days on Tuesday 11 July at the Ballarat campus and Tuesday 4 July at the Melbourne campus.
- Deakin Inspire at Deakin University
Andy and Ben from the Block are hosting this event that includes presentations such as ‘Deakin’s Got Talent’ (innovative and entrepreneurial experiences from staff and students), ‘Standing out from the Crowd’) including building your own personal brand) and a wide range of study area workshops. The event will be held on Tuesday 4 July at the Melbourne Burwood Campus and Thursday 6 July at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus. For further information and registrations visit: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/events/deakinspire
- Experience La Trobe
Experience La Trobe allows students to select 3 workshops from a wide range of options and is an ideal way to explore fields of study and course specific information. Options include Nursing and Midwifery, Agriculture, Networking Technology, Robotics, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Physiotherapy, Exercise Science, Journalism, Education, Civil Engineering, Psychology, Commerce, Criminology and a session for parents; campus tours are available.
The Experience La Trobe events will be held on Thursday 6 July at the Melbourne Bundoora campus and on Wednesday 5 July at the Bendigo campus. For further information visit: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/study/life/events/experience-la-trobe-events/experience-la-trobe-melbourne and to register your interest visit: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/study/life/events/experience-la-trobe-events
The latest edition of Career News Number 11 is now available on the Portal at: http://portal.tintern.vic.edu.au/homepage/14962/ and includes the following items:
- Victorian College of the Arts (VCA) New Degrees
- RMIT News
- Victorian Indigenous Engineering Winter School
- Interested in Studying Health at Deakin University
- The Swinburne Advantage
- Entry to Teaching Courses for 2018
- Reminder Early Achievers Program (EAP) at ACU
- Passionate about Science
- Discover Design in Swinburne Holiday Program
- What about Foods, Tourism, Hospitality and Events?
- What do Planners do?
- Job Ready Programs
- News from RMIT University
- Blue Mountains Hotel School Information Evening
- William Angliss Institute School Holiday Program
- Australian Security Intelligence Agency (ASIO)
- News from La Trobe University
- The Swinburne Advantage
- Snapshot of ACU
- Early Entry Programs at ACU
- Passion for Law Early Entry Program
- Passion for Business Early Entry Program
- News from Deakin University
by Heather Ruckert, Careers Consultant