Posted on September 17, 2019 / Matters
Spring Garden Tour – Limited places available!
This year we will be visiting the Mornington Botanical Rose Garden for morning tea and a guided tour, followed by a two-course lunch at The Grand Mornington. In the afternoon we will head to Dromana for a tour with the Head Gardeners of Heronswood House and Gardens.
The Spring Garden Tour includes morning tea, entry to each of the gardens, lunch, our regular bus raffles and a gift bag.
An incredible afternoon was had by all those who braved the cold weather and intermittent rain to attend the 2019 Spring Celebration. A special thank you to the Friends of Young Farmers, who once again worked hard to create a welcoming and family-friendly event.
A thank you also to the Young Farmers who helped in all aspects of the Spring Celebration.
Here’s hoping to better weather for the 2020 Spring Celebration!
Working With Children Check
Tintern Grammar requires all volunteers to have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC). If you are intending to volunteer at Tintern, now or in the future, could you please send a copy of your WWCC to either the Junior school assistants or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively pop in to the Main Administration where they will be happy to take a copy for you.
Celebrate Oaks Day with the School Community on Thursday 7 November in The Stables at Zonzo Estate, Yarra Glen.
Dress to impress and enjoy a delicious shared menu with a complimentary drink on arrival and further drinks available for purchase.
This event is open to friends and family of our current, past and future parent and alumni communities.
Date/time: Thursday 7 November 2019, 12:00 – 3.00pm
Venue: The Stables at Zonzo Estate, 957 Healesville-Yarra Glen Road, Yarra Glen, VIC
Cost: Early bird offer of $55 per person if booked before Thursday 26 September.
Price increases to $65 per person from Friday 27 September. This includes a drink on arrival and set sharing menu of antipasti platters, wood-fired pizzas and slow roasted lamb with vegetables and salads.
This event has limited availability. Book now to avoid missing out! RSVP by Thursday 10 October.
Book here: http://www.trybooking.com/BEYBG
Enquiries can be directed to the Tintern Community Relations Office via email@example.com.
Class of 2018, 1 Year Reunion
It was wonderful seeing so many Alumni for the Class of 2018 gathered at Beer Deluxe in Hawthorn for their recent (almost) 1 Year Reunion.
Thank you to everyone who came along and helped them celebrate.
Equestrian Bake Sale
The Friends of Equestrian Committee, along with the Equestrian students, organized a bake sale to raise money to support the riders heading off to National competition later this month.
Community Committee Dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 10 October 2019 at 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage President: Haidee Wallace
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 23 October 2019 at 7.00pm CM Wood Common Room President: Debra Fryer
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Monday 7 October 2019 at 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage President: Meaghan Cross
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meeting: TBC President: Vacant Vice President: Karen Trevorrow
Upcoming Community Dates:
- Presentation Ball – Friday 20 September at Karralyka from 7.30pm
- Spring Garden Tour – Friday 25 October 2019 from 8.30am to 3.30pm – Book Here
- Volunteer Thank You Night – Thursday 28 November 2019 at 7pm – Booking link coming soon.
- Class of 2004, 15 Year Reunion – Saturday 26 October form 3.30pm – Book Here
- High Tea Reunions – YG 1969, 1964, 1959 and 55 years + – Friday 15 November from 11am to 2pm
North Queensland Mangos
The Tintern Parent Group are once again offering North Queensland Mangos straight from the farm to you!
- A tray is filled by weight and will contain somewhere between 12 large mangoes and 20 small mangoes.
- Cost is $26 per tray.
- Mangoes should be ready for collection in late November. The date varies depending on the mangoes ripening.
- All families will be emailed confirmation of the delivery date and collection point.
- Please select here to place your order.
- Orders strictly close on Friday 25 October.
Tea Towels 2019
Creating Lasting Memories!
Our limited edition tea towel design will be made up of self-portraits drawn by all our children and staff. There are 3 separate designs by our junior girls, boys and ELC.
The pictures and names are arranged as a commemorative design and screen printed onto premium 100% white cotton tea towels.
Don’t forget to order a few extras for family members and your keepsake box. Now only $10 each!
To order this treasured keepsake please visit:
There is a tea towel on display in the Girls and Boys Junior School and the ELC.
Please note: limited quantities available.
Thank you for your continued support!
2017 Tea Towels Designs
Entertainment books are back for their 25th Year!
Entertainment Books are back for their 25th year! To celebrate they are offering a great range of pre-order bonus offers:
Filled with up to 50% off and 2-for-1 offers for the most popular restaurants, attractions, shopping, travel and more. The book is current from purchase until the end of May 2020.
With many new offers and all the old favourites the value of this book is incredible!
Please click here to order your 2019/2020 Entertainment book from Tintern Grammar. Books can be collected from Main Reception, or instantly purchase and access a digital membership which can then be used on two separate devices.
Please contact Community Relations on 9845 7877 for further information.
All proceeds raised go towards the fundraising for the TPG for 2019.
Tintern Grammar Photo Albums – Protect your School Photos!
Protect your child’s school photos with a stunning Tintern Photo Album. The TPG is offering beautiful quality made customised ‘buckram’ binders for only $72. The albums are Navy, featuring the school crest and name printed in silver on the front cover and come complete with 10 transparent sheet inserts.
The albums are great for storing:
– The official school photos
– NAPLAN and ICAS results
– Sports and performer ribbons
– Programs from concerts, sports days and special assemblies
– Newsletter clippings
– Your own scrapbook creations (as the pages are 30cm x 30cm standard scrapbook size)
In fact, if you think of it like a filing cabinet of memories, over the years it builds up into quite a treasure! Samples can be viewed in the uniform shop and all orders are now taken at this link through trybooking.
Once you have placed your order, please take your confirmation to the Uniform Shop to collect your Album and/or extra pages.