Posted on February 26, 2019 / Matters
TOGA Women of Influence 2019
incorporating the TOGA AGM
TOGA invites the school community to join them for their 2019 Women of Influence Evening and AGM on Wednesday 6 March, 7pm in the Visual Art and Design gallery space.
This is a fantastic opportunity for current and past students, parents and staff to hear from our 2019 Women of Influence: film and television producer Fiona Eagger (YG 1979) and photographer and drone pilot Fiona Lake (McKindlay) (YG 1979).
Read more about our incredible speakers below.
Fiona Eagger (YG 1979) is one of Australia’s most versatile producers working across both film and television, specialising in drama production. You can watch her Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries spin-off, Ms Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries Thursday evenings on Channel 7 at 8.30pm.
Fiona Lake (McKindlay) (YG 1979) is a well-recognised photographer of rural Australia and one of the few female drone pilots in the country. In 2018, Fiona was named by Chicago-based ‘Women and Drones’ as one of ten ‘Women to Watch in UAS’, for her work helping rural women take up drone flying.
Left: Fiona Eagger Right: Fiona Lake
Friends of Music AGM 2019
Thank you to the dedicated volunteers who make up the Tintern Grammar Friends of Music Committee. After another wonderful year with highlights including the Jazz Night and Munch with the Musos, the Committee held their AGM on Wednesday 13 February.
We welcome the new and continuing Committee for 2019:
- President Debra Fryer
- Vice-President: Kesta Fleming
- Acting Treasurer: David Apsey
- Acting Secretary: Melissa Settle
- Tim Oldmeadow
- Allana Bettess
- Lisa Edwards
- Friederike Church
- Anne Antoniou
- Kelli Green
- Mary Carew
- Louise Schultze
- Heidi Victoria
A special thank you to the outgoing President, Tim Oldmeadow and Vice-President, Allana Bettess. Your dedication over your years in these positions are greatly appreciated. Thank you for continuing as Committee members for 2019.
The positions of Secretary and Treasurer remain open at this time, and we are incredibly grateful to both Melissa and David for continuing in these roles.
Thank you to both Debra Fryer and Kesta Fleming for their new roles in 2019 as President and Vice-President.
We look forward to another exciting year.
Community Committee Dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 14 March 2019 Kennedy Cottage President: Haidee Wallace
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 13 March 2019 CM Wood Common Room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting AGM: Monday 18 March Kennedy Cottage President: Jonathan Cross
- Fair Committee – Next Meeting Stall Holder’s Meeting: Tuesday 26 February 7.30pm CM Wood Common Room Fair Convenor: Amanda McKenzie
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meetings: TBA Kennedy Cottage President: Henrik Qvist
- YG 2009,10 Year Reunion for Saturday 2 March at Tintern Grammar 3.30 to 6.00pm. Bookings are now open and can be made by selecting here: www.trybooking.com/ZZJF.
- Past Staff Reunion: Saturday 15 June 2019 at Tintern Grammar 3.30pm to 6.30pm followed by dinner at Abacus All Day
- YG 1999 20 Year, YG 1994 25 Year, YG 1989 30 Year, YG 1984 35 Year, YG 1979 40 Year and YG 1974 45 Year Reunions: Saturday 15 June 2019 at Tintern Grammar 3.30pm to 6.30pm followed by dinner
Nominations open for the Avenue of Excellence
Do you know a Tintern alumni who is making a difference in their community? Or excelling in their field? Why not nominate them for inclusion in our Avenue of Excellence.
Visit this link to find out more about the nomination process and to nominate: www.tintern.vic.edu.au/community/avenue-of-excellence
Nominations close Friday 22 March.
Raffle tickets now available!
Over this week raffle ticket books will be heading home from school with your youngest child.
For only $2 you could win:
- First Prize: a Premium Laptop thanks to Scorptec Computers $2,999
- Second Prize: Flight Centre Dandenong Plaza Travel Voucher valued at $1000
- Third prize: Bunnings Outdoor Lounge Setting $399
- Fourth Prize: Bunnings Gift Card $200
- Fifth Prize: Swim Like a Fish Lessons Voucher $185
Please look out for them, along with other important fair information – including the ride wristbands!
Do you live on a main road in the Maroondah, Yarra Valley, Knox or Manningham area?
Would you be willing for us to put an advertising sign in your front yard to help promote our Fair?
If so, please get in contact – 9845 7877 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
The Fair committee are looking for parent volunteers to be year level coordinators of the following remaining stalls:
- Yr 11 – Ice Creams
Please email the Fair Committee email@example.com to let them know you’re interested in being a stall coordinator.
Thank you to the wonderful volunteers who have already signed on as Stall Coordinators for 2019.
Are you Spring Cleaning?
For the 2019 School Fair our parents and students will be running ‘recycling/reusing/upcycling’ stalls featuring second-hand clothing, books and toys. Please consider donating any suitable items to the school and spreading the word amongst neighbours and friends. In the past they have been fabulous fundraisers, and an opportunity to find some rare and wonderful bargains.
We ask that all donations are in a good clean condition ready for sale. All items can be boxed or bagged up and dropped off as follows:
- Second-hand books are to be dropped to the corridor running between learning enhancement and Kennedy Cottage
- Second-hand clothing and toys will need to be dropped outside the old boarding house under the cover and Tintern staff will move inside.
- New items should be dropped in the hallway in Kennedy Cottage.
Thank you for all of your donations!
Fair Sponsorship Opportunities
In 2017, our FAIR raised in excess of $50,000 towards a solar project for our redeveloped 21st Century Science wing. Work on this project is nearing completion. This year, with your help, we hope to continue our sustainable focus redirecting our 2019 FAIR fundraising dollars to wind power and more solar options.
The Fair is held every two years, and previous Fairs held at Tintern have attracted more than 5,000 people. In the evening, we have an impressive fireworks display that attracts additional guests. Many families and business owners attend the fair and come from the local and surrounding community. This creates a unique opportunity to showcase your goods and services or your business.
If you would like to donate goods or services to be included in the silent auction, or for further information on sponsorship please read the flyer below, or contact the Community Relations on 03 9845 7877 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Group Fundraising
Tea Towels – Order Yours Now
Creating Lasting Memories!
Our limited edition tea towel design will be made up of self-portraits drawn by all our children and staff. There will be 3 separate designs by our junior girls, boys and ELC.
The pictures and names will be arranged as a commemorative design and screen printed onto premium 100% white cotton tea towels.
Don’t forget to order a few extras for family members and your keepsake box. $15 each, or save by ordering 3 for $40.
To order this treasured keepsake please place your order by 28 February 2019 at:
There is a previous tea towel on display in the Girls and Boys Junior School and the ELC.
Thank you for your continued support!
2017 Tea Towels Designs
Tintern Grammar Photo Albums – Protect your School Photos!
Protect your child’s school photos with a stunning Tintern Photo Album. The TPG is offering beautiful quality made customised ‘buckram’ binders for only $72. The albums are Navy, featuring the school crest and name printed in silver on the front cover and come complete with 10 transparent sheet inserts.
The albums are great for storing:
– The official school photos
– NAPLAN and ICAS results
– Sports and performer ribbons
– Programs from concerts, sports days and special assemblies
– Newsletter clippings
– Your own scrapbook creations (as the pages are 30cm x 30cm standard scrapbook size)
In fact, if you think of it like a filing cabinet of memories, over the years it builds up into quite a treasure! Samples can be viewed in the uniform shop and all orders are now taken at this link through trybooking.
Once you have placed your order, please take your confirmation to the Uniform Shop to collect your Album and/or extra pages.