Posted on October 16, 2018
Spring Garden Tour 2018 – Book your ticket now! – Very limited places available
The Spring Garden Tour for 2018 will visit two very special private gardens, the first in Montrose for morning tea, followed by Como Gardens in The Basin. A two course lunch will be served at Mist @ Olinda with a private deck overlooking the Dandenong Ranges Botanic Gardens.
The Spring Garden Tour includes morning tea, entry to each of the gardens, lunch, our regular bus raffles and gift bag.
WHEN: Friday 26 October 2018
COST: $70.00 all inclusive (transport, tours, morning tea and lunch).
RSVP: Book online here by Monday 22 October 2018
Munch with the Musos – Book via Trybooking
Join us for the 2018 Munch with the Musos on Sunday 25 November, 10AM – 12.30PM, in CM Wood Centre. Tickets now available via Trybooking.
Volunteers Needed – 2019 Giant Fair
The Fair committee are busily preparing for next year’s Giant Fair on Saturday 30 March 2019 and today we are looking for parent volunteers to be year level coordinators of the following stalls (please note: year levels listed are 2019 year level):
- Year 1 – Cappuccino
- Year 2 – Craft Activities
- Year 3 – Cakes
- Year 8 – Secondhand Clothes
- Year 9 – Plants
- Year 11 – Sausage / Hamburger Sizzle
- Year 11 – Ice Creams & Roving Choc Tops
- Year 12 – Devonshire Tea
Please email the Fair Committee firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you’re interested in being a stall coordinator.
The following stalls have already been allocated (thanks to our great coordinators!):
- Pre-Loved Toys & Sports Gear – ELC
- Show Bags – Prep
- Corn / Hot Dogs – Year 4
- Baked Potatoes – Year 5
- Fairy Floss – Year 6
- Hot Roast Rolls – Year 7
- Drinks & Snow Cones –Year 7
- Donuts – Year 8
- Rides Booth – Year 9
- Secondhand Books –Year 10
- Hot Chips – Year 10
- Year 12 – Chicken Skewers
Community Event – Oaks Day at Yarra Glen Races!
Celebrate Oaks Day with our community at the Yarra Glen Races. This event is open to friends and family from our parent, past parent and past student communities.
Dress to impress and watch the races from the Tintern Grammar Marquee whilst enjoying a complimentary drink and canapés on arrival. Oaks Day is more than just the races with Eastland Fashions and live music all day.
WHEN: Thursday 8 November 2018 at 12:00pm
LOCATION: Yarra Glen Racecourse, Armstrong Grove, Yarra Glen, Victoria
COST: $35 per person
This includes race day admission, drink and canapés on arrival.
Book via Trybooking: www.trybooking.com/XPYI
ENQUIRIES: All enquiries can be directed to Di Lacey and Tegan Martin 03 9845 7877 or email@example.com.
Volunteer Thank You Evening
Thursday 29 November, 7.00 – 8:30PM, Year 9 Courtyard
Join us at this special evening on Thursday 29 November to celebrate and recognise the valuable contributions of our parent and community volunteers. Save the date, booking details will be available soon.
Community Committee Dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 8 November 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage Co-Presidents: Haidee Wallace and Leeza Crowe
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 24 October 7pm CM Wood Common Room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Early 2019 TBA President: Jonathan Cross
- Fair Committee – Next Meeting: Tuesday 13 November 2018 7.30pm CM Wood Common Room Fair Convenor: Amanda McKenzie
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 17 October 2018 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage President: Sandra Garland
Community Group Fundraising
North Queensland Mangos
The Tintern Parent Group are once again offering North Queensland Mangos straight from the farm to you!
- A tray is filled by weight and will contain somewhere between 12 large mangoes and 20 small mangoes.
- Cost is $26 per tray.
- Mangoes should be ready for collection in late November/first week of December. The date varies depending on the mangoes ripening.
- All families will be emailed confirmation of the delivery date and collection point.
- Please select here to place your order.
- Orders strictly close on Friday 26 October.
Entertainment Book – Get yours now!
Remember it isn’t too late to purchase your Entertainment Book Membership! For a limited time they are offering free postage of the books.
Filled with up to 50% off and 2-for-1 offers for the most popular restaurants, attractions, shopping, travel and more. The book is current from purchase until the end of May 2019.
With many new offers and all the old favourites the value of this book is incredible!
Please click here to order your 2018/2019 Entertainment book from Tintern Grammar. Books can be collected from Main Reception, or instantly purchase and access a digital membership which can then be used on two separate devices.
Please contact Community Relations on 9845 7877 for further information.
All proceeds raised go towards the fundraising for the TPG for 2018.
Tintern Grammar Photo Albums – Protect your School Photos!
Protect your child’s school photos with a stunning Tintern Photo Album. The TPG is offering beautiful quality made customised ‘buckram’ binders for only $72. The albums are Navy, featuring the school crest and name printed in silver on the front cover and come complete with 10 transparent sheet inserts.
The albums are great for storing:
– The official school photos
– NAPLAN and ICAS results
– Sports and performer ribbons
– Programs from concerts, sports days and special assemblies
– Newsletter clippings
– Your own scrapbook creations (as the pages are 30cm x 30cm standard scrapbook size)
In fact, if you think of it like a filing cabinet of memories, over the years it builds up into quite a treasure! Samples can be viewed in the uniform shop and all orders are now taken at this link through trybooking.
Once you have placed your order, please take your confirmation to the Uniform Shop to collect your Album and/or extra pages.