Posted on March 6, 2018
Community Group News
Have you bought your tickets?
Movie Under the Stars – SING!
Saturday 17 March 2018
With less than two weeks to go, you can purchase your tickets now through Trybooking: https://www.trybooking.com/UEQU
SING is a feel-good film suitable for the entire family. The gates open at 6pm on Saturday 17 March, and the movie will commence at 7.30pm (dependent on lighting).
This event, organised by the Tintern Parents Group (TPG), is run every second year and is an exciting evening out for our School families. Bring your own blankets or chairs and picnic hampers. Or enjoy a delicious variety of food offered by our community groups; including a sausage sizzle, popcorn, fairy floss, lollies, ice cream and delicious coffee. There will also be glow sticks for sale!
• Family $26 (2 adults & 2 children)
• Adults $10
• Child, student & concession $5
For any enquiries please contact the TPG on email@example.com or Community Relations on 9845 7877. We look forward to seeing you there!
MUTS Business Advertising and Sponsorship
Are you looking for sponsorship opportunities for your business? Why not get involved with the School community and promote your business at our upcoming Movie Under The Stars!
We are offering businesses the opportunity to advertise on the big screen or sponsor a community stall for only $60 at Movie Under The Stars! To register your interest or to learn more about these advertising and sponsorship opportunities, visit the following link: https://www.trybooking.com/UEQU/
South Pacific – Tickets selling fast!
Tickets are available for purchase through the Karralyka website.
Dates & Times:
• Wednesday 21 March 2018 at 06:30 PM
• Thursday 22 March 2018 at 07:30 PM
• Friday 23 March 2018 at 07:30 PM
• Saturday 24 March 2018 at 07:30 PM
• Adult $30.00
• Concession $22.00
• Child $22.00
• Family (2 adults & 2 children) $85.00
• Wednesday preview evening all tickets $12.50
Tintern Parent Group – 2018 AGM
The next meeting for the Tintern Parent Group is to be held on Thursday 8 March @ 7.30pm in Kennedy Cottage, Community Services.
All parents are welcome to attend and be a part of the Tintern Parent Group. We look forward to seeing our old and many new faces at the meeting.
Friends of Equestrian – Demonstration Day 2018
The Friends of Equestrian (FOE) with the support of the school will be hosting an Equestrian Demonstration Day on Friday 23 March. This is a fabulous opportunity for the Tintern Equestrian team to demonstrate their sport to the school and to promote Equestrian at Tintern.
If you are available, please come along at lunchtime (from 12.30pm) to the top oval on Friday 23 March to support our Equestrian team. If you would like your son or daughter to be involved, please click here for all the information.
The Friends of Equestrian is a community group made up of parents and interested professionals from within the school which seeks to:
- Promote an appreciation of Equestrian as a sport within the school community.
- To encourage students to participate and pursue their equestrian interests throughout their school life.
- To organise and conduct the Annual Tintern Interschool Horse Trials at Wandin Park.
- To act as a support group for the Equestrian Coordinator at Tintern Grammar and the Equestrian Team of students, providing physical and financial assistance with events and supporting the equestrian requirements of the school.
FOE Achievements include:
- Sponsorship of the Annual Tintern Interschool Horse Trials (PCAV and EA)
- Promoting, sponsoring and organising events in which equestrian students can participate
- Equestrian Team Annual Camp
- Trail Rides
- Demonstration Day at Tintern
- Training Days each term to prepare students for Interschool Competition
The next FOE meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 7 March. If you are interested in joining, or just learning more, please contact Mrs Alison Bezaire (Equestrian Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org or Community Relations on 9845 7877.
Presentation Ball – Save the Date
All Year 11 boys and girls should have now received a booklet inviting them to participate in the 2018 Presentation Ball, to be held on Saturday 15 September 2018.
This enchanted evening is about having fun and learning how to conduct oneself in a more formal environment. It enables participants to establish and further develop friendships. The evening is an introduction to dancing and etiquette in a formal setting that teaches behaviours which are transferable to any number of social occasions and future business life.
Bookings are now open. If your child wishes to participate full payment and registration is required by Wednesday 18 April 2018 to secure a place. Please book by selecting here.
If you have any queries please contact the Community Relations Office on 9845 7877 or email@example.com.
Community Committee dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) – Next meeting: Thursday 8 March 2018 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage Co-Presidents: Haidee Wallace and Leeza Crowe
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 14 March 2018 7pm CM Wood Common Room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Monday 19 March 2018 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage. President: Joy Ashfield
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meetings: Wednesday 7 March 7.30pm Offsite President: Sandra Garland
Class of 2007 Reunion – Saturday 3 March
Saturday afternoon was a beautiful sunny day for a reunion as the Class of 2007 came together to share memories of their time at Tintern. They enjoyed a campus tour, as well as drinks and nibbles in the Year 9 Courtyard, which looks very different to when they were students here.
Enjoy the gallery below. Follow this link to view the photo gallery: https://www.tintern.vic.edu.au/community/alumni/reunions/
Community Group Fundraising
Entertainment Book is back – Early Bird Offers Available for a limited time!
The Tintern Parent Group is once again offering the Entertainment books for purchase through the School. For a limited time only you will receive Early Bird Offers with over $100 value to use immediately.
The Entertainment™ Book, and the Entertainment™ Digital Membership, are your guide to the most popular restaurants, attractions, shopping, travel and more, all with valuable up to 50% off and 2-for-1 offers. The book is current from purchase until the end of May 2019.
Please click here to pre-order your 2018/2019 Entertainment book.
To take advantage of the Early Bird Offers and place your Entertainment Book order by the 19 March 2018. All proceeds raised go towards the fundraising for the TPG for 2018.
Tintern Grammar Photo Albums
The TPG is also continuing to offer beautiful quality made customised ‘buckram’ binders for only $72. The albums are Navy, featuring the school crest and name printed in silver on the front cover and come complete with 10 transparent sheet inserts.
The albums are great for storing:
- The official school photos
- Naplan and ICAS results
- Sports and performer ribbons
- Programs from concerts, sports days and special assemblies
- Newsletter clippings
- Your own scrapbook creations (as the pages are 30cm x 30cm standard scrapbook size)
In fact, if you think of it like a filing cabinet of memories, over the years it builds up into quite a treasure! Samples can be viewed in the uniform shop and all orders are now taken at this link through trybooking.
Once you have placed your order, please take your confirmation to the Uniform Shop to collect your Album and/or extra pages.