Posted on February 6, 2018
Community Group News
Welcome to the first edition of Community Matters for 2018. It is through this section we keep you informed of the events and achievements of the various Community Groups as well as the many and varied activities in which they participate. If you would like to be involved with any of the Community Groups please contact the Community Relations team on 9845 7877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep your eye on the Tintern Portal as Community news will be updated regularly so you will not miss any important information. If you would like to contribute to Community Matters, email your submissions to the Community Relations Office and we will incorporate your news wherever possible.
Each year our Foundation Service is a wonderful occasion for current and past students, staff and parents to come together to celebrate our school. Friday morning’s Foundation Service was extra special as we formally acknowledged and welcomed to the Tintern Grammar Avenue of Excellence two of our alumnae inductees, Concert Pianist and Composer Penelope Thwaites AM (YG 1960) and Molecular Geneticist Professor Melissa Southey (YG 1984). During the Service Penelope and Melissa received their awards and spoke to Mr Fry about their professional achievements and time at Tintern.
What a wonderful opportunity for the School community to be inspired by these accomplished alumnae. You can learn more about Penelope Thwaites, Melissa Southey and our other Avenue of Excellence inductees here: https://www.tintern.vic.edu.au/commun…/avenue-of-excellence
Tintern Grammar Community Groups
Our Community Groups are an incredible and invaluable part of Tintern Grammar. They enrich us through fundraising, events and activities that bring together our community; past and present, in celebration and fun. They are also a great way to meet other parents and become involved with the school community!
Everyone is welcome to attend Community Group Meetings. Whether you are curious about joining, wish to meet other parents or just want to lend a hand with a specific event please look out for the dates and times which are advertised in Community Matters each fortnight.
Each group has a different focus, and we will be highlighting each of these groups in Community Matters over this Semester:
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG)
- Friends of Music (FOM)
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF)
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE)
- Tintern Old Girls Association (TOGA)
- SOBA (Southwood Old Boys Association)
- TGAA (Tintern Grammar Alumni Association)
The AGMs are the official meetings for the year, and provide the committees with office bearers and a direction for the year. The AGM is a wonderful opportunity for visitors to get a broad understanding of the wonderful contribution these groups make to our School.
The events and activities run by the various community groups represent a vital contribution to the enhancement of the school experience for our students and in fostering a community atmosphere across the school in support of parents.
For more information on how to be involved please contact Di Lacey or Tegan Martin in the Community Relations Office on 9845 7877 or email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!
Community Committee dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 8 February 2018 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage Co-Presidents: Haidee Wallace and Leeze Crowe
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting & AGM: Monday 12 February 2018 7pm CM Wood Common Room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Monday 19 March at 7.30pm in Kennedy Cottage. President: Joy Ashfield
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meetings: Wednesday 7 February 2018 7.30pm venue TBC President: Sandra Garland
Movie Under the Stars – Saturday 17 March 2018
Please save the date for the 2018 Movie Under the Stars to be held on Saturday 17 March. This event, organised by the Tintern Parents Group (TPG), is run every second year and is an exciting evening out for our School families.
Please look out for further information.
- YG 2017 Return to Tintern for Graduating class and their families Thursday 8 February 7.30pm to 9pm. Bookings can be made by selecting here: trybooking.com/TIAG.