Posted on December 14, 2017
The Community Relations team and all the Community Groups would like to take this opportunity to wish all Tintern Grammar families a happy and safe Christmas. It has been a pleasure to work with all Community Volunteers; whether you help in the classroom, belong to a community group or contribute to a Community event, your time is genuinely valued. All the Community Groups have experienced a successful year that is truly reflective of our families. We look forward to your ongoing support in 2018.
Please enjoy this slide show of photos of various volunteer activities and events throughout the year.
Tintern Parent Group Last Day Luncheon!
Delicious food and good company made the TPG end of year luncheon such an enjoyable experience for all who attended. Thank you to the TPG for organizing such a wonderful annual event.
2018 Parent Year Level Representatives
Interested in being a 2018 Parent Rep? Find out more: http://newsletter.tintern.vic.edu.au/article/2018-parent-year-level-representatives/
Class of 1982 – 35 Year Reunion
The Class of 1982 recently gathered at Federation Square for lunch to celebrate 35 years since graduation from Tintern. They had a wonderful day with 29 Alumni in total, including their sports teacher June Ward! Thank you to Sandi Fulcher, who organised the day for her former classmates.
Community Committee dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 8 February 2018 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage Co-Presidents: Haidee Wallace and Leeze Crowe
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting & AGM: Monday 12 February 2018 7pm CM Wood Common Room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Monday 12 February 2018 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage. President: Joy Ashfield
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meetings: Tuesday 23 January 2018 7.30pm venue TBC President: Sandra Garland
- YG 2017 Return to Tintern for Graduating class and their families Thursday 8 February 7.30pm to 9pm. Bookings are now open and can be made by selecting here: trybooking.com/TIAG.
Community Group Fundraising
Time is running out to order your Tintern Roses for Christmas! If you are interested in purchasing one (or more!) please contact Di Lacey or Tegan Martin in Community Relations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or 9845 7877 to arrange collection this week.
Tintern Roses cost $20 each and payment can be made by Cash or Credit Card.
Celia Pacquola YG 2000
Congratulations to alumna Celia Pacquola (YG 2000) who was awarded the Best Performance in a Television Comedy for her role in the ABC series Rosehaven at the AACTA Awards last night. Rosehaven, written by and starring Celia and her friend comedian Luke McGregor, was also nominated for Best Television Comedy Series and Best Screenplay in Television (episode 4). Congratulations again Celia on these wonderful achievements. For further information on the award nominees and winners please visit: https://www.aacta.org/aacta-awards/winners-and-nominees/
Lou Merrington YG 2002
Congratulations to alumna Lou Merrington (YG 2002) who has just published her second novel, ‘The Iron Line’. Lou regularly visits Tintern Grammar to work with students and her first novel, Greythorne, is listed on the Year 8 English booklist. Visit Lou’s website to learn more about ‘The Iron Line’.