Posted on October 25, 2017
Community Group Fundraising
Tea Towels – Order Yours Now
We are producing beautiful tea towels to celebrate our 140th year showcasing our talented young artists from ELC to Year 6.
- There will be 3 separate designs by our junior girls, boys and ELC students.
- The tea towels feature artwork from every student on each tea towel (ie. every girl in Junior School has artwork featured on the junior girls’ tea towel).
- The tea towels will be delivered in time for Christmas.
- A wonderful meaningful gift for friends and families.
- To order this treasured keepsake please place your order by the 9 November 2017 at https://www.trybooking.com/SMQP
North Queensland Mango Drive Update
Thank you to everyone who has placed an order for the Tintern Parent Group North Queensland Mangoes. This year we have sold 310 boxes! Once the mangoes are packed and heading to us we will let you know an estimated delivery date.
Community Group News
Tintern Parent Group Trivia Night
The TPG Trivia Night is on again in 2017. On Saturday 28 October at 7pm, enjoy a wonderful evening for the community, staff and alumni.
Bookings can be made anytime by visiting TryBooking: https://www.trybooking.com/SMPK
Please note this event is for adults; it is not suitable for students or children to attend.
2017 Spring Garden Tour – Friday 27 October
On Friday 27 October attendees will be visiting the Broughton Hall Garden and a private garden, Barambah, both in Jindivick, Gippsland.
Thank you to the wonderful suppliers who have donated to the 2017 Spring Garden Tour:
- Ventura Bus Lines
- Conservatory Café in Croydon
- The Little Flower Shoppe, Montrose
- Fernwood Gym, Chirnside Park
- Officeworks, Bayswater
- Heathmont Flowers
- Canterbury Road Flower Gallery, Heathmont
- Jenny Craig
- Jindivick Tavern
Community Committee dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 9 November 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage Co-Presidents: Haidee Wallace and Leeze Crowe
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Monday 13 November 7pm CM Wood Common Room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meetings: Tuesday 14 November 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage, Community Services. President: Sandra Garland
- Class of 1972, 1977 and 1982 – 45, 40 and 35 Year Reunions – Friday 3 November at 5.30pm at Tintern and 7.30pm at Rosebank North – Bookings can be made by selecting here
- Class of 1967, 1962, 1957 and earlier – 50, 55, 60 and Hawthorn Years Reunions – Tuesday 21 November at 11.00am to 2.oopm – Booking can be made by selecting here
- YG 2017 Return to Tintern for Graduating class and their families Thursday 8 February 7.30pm to 9pm.
- Class of 1998 and 2003 – Friday 23 February 2018 at 5.30pm
Fifi Box YG 1993
Congratulations to alumna Fifi Box (YG 1993) who won the Best Syndicated Australian Program for her radio show ‘Boxed In’ at the 2017 Australian Commercial Radio Awards (ACRAS) on Saturday 14 October.
‘Boxed In’ is an hour-long radio show where Fifi gets to know the biggest stars in film and television, music and sport. You can listen to the show every Sunday at 5pm on the Hit Network around Australia or catch up on past shows here: https://www.hit.com.au/shows/boxed-in-with-fifi-box.
You can also catch Fifi alongside Brendan Fevola and Byron Cooke weekday mornings, 6am to 9am on Fox FM in Melbourne.
David Moskovic YG 2012
Congratulations to alumnus David Moskovic (YG 2012), an up-and-coming Property Consultant at Fletchers Manningham, who has been named as a finalist in the ‘Novice Auctioneer of the Year’ category at the REIV Awards For Excellence. These awards recognise REIV members who have exceeded expectations in pursuit of excellence in service, ethics and results.
The REIV ‘Novice Auctioneer of the Year’ winner will be announced at a Gala Dinner on Thursday 26 October. We wish David the best of luck!
Enjoy David’s final auction video available to view at this link: https://vimeo.com/235439999
David’s profile is available to view here: https://fletchers.net.au/team/david-moskovic
Crystal Kimber (YG 2007)
Congratulations to alumna Crystal Kimber (YG 2007) who was named the Myer Fashions on the Field NSW State Final winner on Saturday 14 October at Merivale. Crystal will now compete at Flemington on Kennedy Oaks Day for the Myer Fashions on the Field Women’s Racewear National title. Good luck Crystal!
Crystal and her mum, Gail, work together to design and create fashions – especially for the Spring Carnival. They were recently featured by Spotlight and you can view the video by selecting here. To view their designs please visit the See Kimber Facebook Page.
Josh Smith (YG 2009)
Congratulations to Josh Smith (YG 2009) on his recent admission as an Australian lawyer. Select here to watch Josh as he is admitted at approximately 20.00.
Emily Mignot (YG 2012)
Fans of the musical ‘A Chorus Line’ will be excited to learn that alumna Emily Mignot (YG 2012) is appearing as Judy in ‘A Chorus Line’ at the National Theatre in St Kilda. The show opened on Friday 20 October and will run until Saturday 28 October. Tickets are available by selecting here.
Please be advised that ‘A Chorus Line’ has adult themes and is suitable for teenagers and adults.
Community Group Fundraising
The TPG is also continuing to offer beautiful quality made customised ‘buckram’ binders for only $70. A saving of $20 as they normally retail for $90. The albums are available in both Navy and Burgundy and feature the school crest and name printed in silver on the front cover and come complete with 10 transparent sheet inserts.
The albums are great for storing:
– The official school photos
– Naplan and ICAS results
– Sports and performer ribbons
– Programs from concerts, sports days and special assemblies
– Newsletter clippings
– Your own scrapbook creations (as the pages are 30cm x 30cm standard scrapbook size)
In fact, if you think of it like a filing cabinet of memories, over the years it builds up into quite a treasure! Samples can be viewed in the uniform shop and all orders are now taken at this link through trybooking.
The Entertainment books are offered for purchase through the School. The Entertainment™ Book, and the Entertainment™ Digital Membership, are your guide to the most popular restaurants, attractions, shopping, travel and more, all with valuable up to 50% off and 2-for-1 offers. The book is current from purchase until the end of May 2018.