Posted on August 15, 2016
Tintern Grammar Fair 22 April 2017
The Tintern Fair Committee are keen to hear from any members of our community who may be able to help with the following.
- Our Major Raffle generally has 4 to 5 prizes, ranging anywhere from $500 to a first prize valued around $10,000.
- Some ideas might be House appliance packages, holiday destinations, or maybe you can offer a great deal on a new car?
- Participating donators receive exposure to our entire school community and beyond
- Sponsorship makes a great advertising opportunity for your business!
- We offer a range of levels of sponsorship, with sponsors receiving recognition of their contribution in a variety of ways.
- The earlier sponsorship is received, the longer we can promote your business for!
- Were you a wonderful Stall Coordinator last time and are keen to put your skills to work again?
- Do you have a specific stall you would like to lead?
- Are you eager to role model to your children that we can all make a difference?
- The primary responsibility of a Stall Coordinator is to put together a roster of helpers for Fair Day.
- Each Stall Coordinator receives an information pack to help them
- You will be helping to make our Fair Day a huge success. Thankyou!
If you can help in any of these ways, or perhaps with other ideas, please get in contact with our Fair Committee via email to Fair@Tintern.vic.edu.au or call our Fair Convenor, Amanda McKenzie on 0419 313 279.
Fair Logo Competition
2017 Fair Logo
The Tintern Grammar Fair Committee is offering a $50 Cash Prize for the student who designs the best logo for the 2017 Tintern Grammar Fair. All students are invited and encouraged to submit their logo design(s). The closing date for the competition is Wednesday 31 August 2016. The hand drawn or computer generated logo should be eye-catching, uncluttered, and must include the following information:
- The words “Tintern Grammar” & “Fair”
- The date “22 APRIL 2017”
- A reference to Tintern celebrating 140 years
Keep in mind the logo will be printed in various sizes from as small as 3cm diameter to as large as 20cm diameter, so scalability of design will be a consideration.
Designs should be submitted to the Fair Committee:
With File Format JPG, PNG or BMP
In a CIRCULAR shape
Of Approximate Resolution 1000x1000pixels
Sent by Email to email@example.com
Please include Student Name & Year Level with your submission
No later than 3pm on Wednesday 31 August 2016.
The winner will be selected at a Tintern Grammar Fair Committee Meeting in early September.
Fancy owning a piece of Tintern’s Musical History?
We are continuing to collect expressions of interest for our decommissioned Tintern and Southwood Music Banners. There are a limited number of banners (approximately 30 of each) available at a cost of $50 each. All funds raised will go to the Tintern Grammar Friends of Music who, in turn, support the ongoing work of the Music Departments across the school. Expressions of Interest (EOI) are called for the purchase of these items. EOI close on 16 September. Should EOI outnumber the banners available, a ballot draw of successful bidders will be held at the Friends of Music Meeting on 11 October and successful bidders will be contacted and published in ‘Aspectus’ and on the School portal. To lodge your EOI, please email the Community Relations Office firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your name and contact details, and nominating which banner you would like to purchase (Tintern or Southwood). All Expressions of Interest inquiries to 9845 7877.
FOYF Spring Celebration Friday 2 September 3pm – 7pm at the farm
Only 2 weeks to go for our Friends of Young Farmers annual Spring Celebration on Friday 2 September from 3pm to 7pm. Our FOYF invite you to come to the farm and pat the lambs, inspect the vegies and admire the chooks. Enjoy a free sausage sizzle and toast marshmallows on the bonfire, or purchase a drink or cake (all proceeds to FOYF). For catering purposes please RSVP by Wednesday 31 August to Cath Forbes, Secretary Friends of Young Farmers email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Park in the bus bay or bush carpark then take a leisurely stroll through our beautiful bushland to the farm. All the details can be downloaded through this link
FOYF Spring Celebration Raffles
4 Wonderful Hampers to be won at the Spring Celebration
Tickets are available at reception or on the day at the farm.
Tickets $2 each or 3 for $5.
“Cuppa and A Chat”
4 Beautiful Bird Mugs
Fabulous Foods Lemon and Coconut Cookies
Fabulous Foods English Breakfast Tea Bags
Fabulous Foods Ginger Black Tea Bags
Morgan and Finch Tea Towel
Cocktail Napkins & A Mother and Daughter Book
“Share With Family”
Maxwell & Williams white platter
2 Bottles of Yarra Peaks Wine
2 Bottles of Red Hill Spice Girls Rub
2 Pkts of Australian Sweets company lollies
1 Bottle of Delicious Caramel Dessert Sauce
1 pkt of Chocolate Coated Freeze Dried Strawberries
Ricci’s Soyaza Sauce (amazing!)
Morgan & Finch Tea Towel
2 Inspirational Quotes Books
& Don’t forget the yummy Cherry Rocky Road
2 Bottles of Yarra Peaks Wine
A Block of Wine infused Dark Chocolate
A book of Love quotes
‘Share with Friends”
2 Bottles of Yarra Peaks Wine
Onion Jam from Yarra Valley
Cape Schanck Olive Oil
Zac and Jac’s Dukkah
Victorian Kalamata Olives
Morgan & Finch Tea Towel and dipping dishes
Inspirational Quotes Book
& a Large Platter
An enormous thank you to all those who have contributed to these Hampers.
2016 Garden Tour save the date Friday 21 October 2016
The 2016 Spring Garden tour will once again be running on Friday 21 October – mark this date in your calendars now. We are seeking ‘Garden’ type donations from our community for our famous ‘Bus Raffle’. Please contact the Community Relations office if you can donate goods or would like to assist our volunteer coordinator, Lisa Vecchio.
5 Year Reunion for YG 2011
Graduates from our 2011 Year group met up at ‘Beer DeLuxe’ in Federation Square for their 5 Year reunion on Saturday 13 August. They were joined by past and current staff and even one of their mums turned up! A good time was had by all.
Entertainment book 2016/2017 Still available!
The Tintern Parent Group continue to offer Book and Digital Memberships for the 2016 | 2017 Entertainment books. 20% of all sales goes towards their fundraising goal to put back into Tintern Grammar; please remember to forward this link to all your family and friends! Payments can be made online or you can download the order form here return to the Community Relations office and collect your book. For more information please refer to the community news on the Tintern portal or contact the Community Relations Office or you can click here to have a look at what is inside. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Community Committee dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) – Next meeting: Thursday 8 September 7.30pm CM Wood Common Room President: Loraine Allender
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Tuesday 11 October 7.00pm CM Wood Common room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next meeting: Tuesday 4 October 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage, Community services. President: Joy Ashfield
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meeting: Tuesday 30 August 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage, Community services. President: Gabby McCallum