Annual Inter-School Horse Trials 2022
TPG Trivia Night 2022 – Book your tickets now!
The Tintern Parent Group would like to invite you to test your knowledge and have fun, at their annual Trivia Night! Join us on Saturday 30 July 2022 at 7.30pm at Tintern Grammar. Doors Open at 7pm.
Book your tickets here! Tickets are $15 each.
Choose a theme for your table and ‘dress to your theme’, whether a colour, book, movie, song or television show, the opportunities are endless.
The Silent Auction has been arranged by the Green Team and Social Justice Group, with all proceeds from the Auction supporting Girl Rising, and the subsidiary program Future Rising. This supports Fellows to initiate collaborative programs to address Climate Change. The organisation utilises research that highlights the importance of girls’ education in reducing global poverty, which underpins the United Nations Sustainability Goals.
The Social Justice Group and the Green Team are also seeking donations towards the evening, to be used as prizes or as part of the Silent Auction. If you or your business have something to donate; whether a gift, product or experience, please contact Heather Ruckert by email to email@example.com. Any donations will be acknowledged on the night, and in our newsletter.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Frank Green Water Bottles
The Tintern Parent Group are offering Frank Green water bottles and insulated food containers at a discounted price to the Tintern Community.
To achieve ‘sustainability in style’ Frank Green have created beautifully designed, innovative and highly functional environmentally sustainable products that are available for pre-order from Tintern Grammar.
Frank Green Bottles are:
• Multi-award-winning product design
• Triple wall vacuum insulated to retain heat or cold
• Durable stainless steel bottle – made to last
• Ceramic lined for a better taste experience
• Bpa free, fda & eu approved safe materials
• Available with a patented push-button lid, or easy-to-use straw lid
With 8 colours to choose from, products available for purchase are:
- 10oz/295 Ceramic Lined Reusable Cup – $36 each
- 16oz/475ml Insulated Food Container – $38 each (Limited Colour Options Available)
- 20oz/595ml Ceramic Lined Reusable Bottle (comes with straw lid) – $40 each
- 34oz/1L Ceramic Lined Reusable Bottle (comes with straw lid) – $48 each
Orders can be made online here until Friday 17 June, for delivery in early Term 3.
Parent Representatives 2022
Thank you to the many parents and guardians who have volunteered to act as the Parent Representatives for their Class or Year Level in 2022.
We are still seeking representatives for the following year levels:
- Year 8 Boys
- Year 9 Boys
- Year 10
- Year 11
Please note that some of the Class and Year Level representative are still in the process of being finalised, and this list will be updated on the Portal.
Parent Representative are a liaison between parents/guardians and the school. Informing parents about activities planned either by Tintern, our community groups or within the class or year level, such as fundraisers or events. We greatly appreciate the time and commitment given by our Parent Reps.
Parent Reps also organise class or year level functions to provide parents with the opportunity of meeting and socialising in a relaxed atmosphere. It is a great opportunity for class groups to connect, while supporting our local community cafes and restaurants still recovering from the lockdowns.
If you would like to volunteer to be your Year Level’s Parent Representative or would like further information contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 03 9845 7877.
Thank you to Glynis Casten, who organised a coffee morning on Wednesday 30 March for the families of the 3 year old ELC students.
Footy Tipping Competition – AFL
The Tintern Grammar community footy tipping competition is back again for 2022!
It isn’t too late to join, details are below:
- AFL Tipping Competition: https://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Tintern_Grammar_Community
- Password: tintern
You will then have to log into your own account or create one. When setting up your account, you might like to check the reminder email box so you don’t forget!
The competition is free and open to our entire adult (18+ @ 28/1/2022) Tintern community – Tintern Grammar students will not be permitted to enter. If you have any questions please email email@example.com and we’ll help you get started.
Cash Prizes awarded for the winners of the AFL Tipping Competition:
AFL Footy Tipping Prizes:
- 1st Prize $250
- 2nd Prize $120
- 3rd Prize $60
- 4th Prize $40
- 5th Prize $20
If the AFL season is shortened at a later date due to Covid, the tipping competition will continue, but the prizes will be adjusted accordingly.
Good luck and start tipping!!
Community Committee Dates
Community Group Meetings are now back onsite. Please check the information below carefully for details:
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 2 June 2022 at 7pm President: Haidee Wallace Location: CM Wood Common Room Or join online by selecting here.
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Wednesday 1 June 2022 at 7pm President: Debra Fryer Location: CM Wood Common Room
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next Meeting: Contact us for further information
- Friends of Snowsports (FOS) – Next Meeting: Contact us for further information
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meeting: Contact us for further information Co-Presidents: Nelaana Heinrich and Sherie Vicary-Carter
Please note the following CovidSafe considerations to attend an onsite Community Group Meeting:
- All attendees must be triple vaccinated from the 25 March 2022 (and provide proof of vaccination – the easiest way is via the Services Victoria App at Check-in)
- Please remember to social distancing
- Class of 2005 – 15+2 Year Reunion – Book Here
- Class of 2006 – 15+1 Year Reunion – Book Here
- Class of 2007 – 15 Year Reunion – Book Here