Posted on February 9, 2021 / Senior College
News from the Careers Department
The Careers Department provides assistance for students via one-on-one interviews but the staff also work with Year Level Co-ordinators through the pastoral program. Specific sessions during lunch time will commence after the camps/conference programs relating to the UCAT and medical entry requirements, applying interstate and overseas. All students in the Senior College are welcome to attend as it is good to start preparing before Year 12.
The school subscribes to ‘Career News’ that collates information about tertiary courses, upcoming events and vocational insights that assist students with their career planning. Copies will be added to the Careers tab on the Portal. Senior College students are also emailed a copy of the CareerNews content each week so that they can easily access material from the hyperlinks. The first edition are now available at https://portal.tintern.vic.edu.au/homepage/14962/ (please make sure that you are logged into the Tintern Portal to access this link) and includes the following items:
Number 1 Career News 5 February 2021
Areas of support from the Careers Department
- Tax File Number (TFN)
- Career as an Astronomer
- News from Monash University
- Important update for Current Year 12 EAL Students
- Bachelor of Science Subject Adjustment
- What is the Difference between Computer Science, Information Technology and Software Engineering?
- Tuckwell Scholarship 2022
- University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)
- SAE Qantm Creative Media Institute
- Cybersecurity Courses offered in Victoria in 2021