Posted on September 12, 2017
North Queensland Mangos
The Tintern Parent Group are once again offering North Queensland Mangos straight from the farm to you!
- A tray is filled by weight and will contain somewhere between 12 large mangoes and 20 small mangoes.
- Cost is $25.50 per tray.
- Mangoes should be ready for collection in late November/first week of December. The date varies depending on the mangoes ripening.
- All families will be emailed confirmation of the delivery date and collection point.
- Please select here to place your order.
- Orders strictly close on the 20 October.
Community Group News
Father’s Day Stall
The Father’s Day Stall was held on Wednesday 30 August and the students had an exciting time choosing from a wonderful selection for gifts for their dads or a significant male in their lives.
Thank you to everyone who dedicated their time in assisting with the Stall on the day, and the many hours of work leading up to the Stall. Your hard work was greatly appreciated by all.
If you have any questions or would like further information on this or any other aspect of the Tintern Parent’s Group please contact Haidee, TPG Co-President on 0417 052 273 or email to email@example.com.
Reminder – Year 10 Butterss Cross Community Action Project – Supporting Animal Aid
As part of the Year 10 Butterss Cross Community Action Project, we are organising a Food and Blanket Drive to support the organisation Animal Aid.
If you or anyone you know have old blankets/towels or any kitten food they would like to donate (Whiskers), please drop it at the P.E centre anytime until this Friday 15 September. Please donate to this worthy cause, all contributions are much appreciated!
by Year 10 Butterss Cross Students
2017 Garden Tour save the date Friday 27 October 2017
The 2017 Spring Garden tour will once again be running on Friday 27 October – mark this date in your calendars now. Please contact the Community Relations office if you have any venue ideas or would like to assist our volunteer coordinator, Lisa Vecchio.
Avenue of Excellence
The Celebration Induction Dinner on Saturday night was a fabulous evening with all sections of our Tintern community coming together to celebrate and honour our 10 inaugural inductees into the Tintern Grammar Avenue of Excellence. The CM Wood Performance Centre was sparkling in hues of blue and silver as the guests arrived for drinks and canapés. Our Tintern Concert choir dazzled us with their tunes before we moved to the official induction proceedings.
A very big thank you to Karen Gately nee Mitchell (YG 1988) who was a wonderfully engaging MC, Canterbury Rd Flower Gallery for the beautiful flower table centre pieces, The Essential Caterer who provided the delicious canapés and meals, photographer alumna Zoe Murdoch (YG 1996) of Zoe Murdoch – Photography, videographer alumnus Tim Churchward (YG 2010) and Lachlan Campbell for his technical management of the event.
Thanks are also extended to our Director of Music, Mrs Bezaire who organised a wonderful musical program for the evening, alumni TJ Lacey (YG 2011) and Kathleen Yardley (YG 2008), who was accompanied by Rhianwen Bramble, and the students in the Clementson Piano Quartet, Kelson String Quartet, Tintern Grammar Concert Choir and our 2017 School Pianist Molly Fleming, for their wonderful performances throughout the evening.
When passing the CM Wood centre next, be sure to take a moment to read over the astonishing achievements of our first inductees. It is our vision to inspire current and future students to pursue excellence in a wide range of areas. Click here to visit the Avenue of Excellence web page to learn more about our first inductees and view the photo gallery.
The home and away season has come to a close and so has our footy tipping competition. On behalf of Community Relations, thank you to everyone who participated in the competition and congratulations to our prize winners.
|1st Place||Chris Swadling||Staff||$250||134 points|
|2nd Place||Carl Paul||Community||$120||131 points|
|Equal 3rd Place||Natalie Martin||Staff||$30||130 points|
|Deb Fryer||Community||$30||130 points|
|Ben Brown||Community||$30||130 points|
|Jack Watts (aka) Brad Fry||Staff||$30||130 points|
Please note that the Prize Money for 3rd – 6th place is split equally between our eligible third place getters.
Community Committee dates
- Tintern Parent Group (TPG) –Next meeting: Thursday 14 September 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage Co-Presidents: Haidee Wallace and Leeze Crowe
- Friends of Music (FOM) – Next Meeting: Monday 23 October 7pm CM Wood Common Room President: Tim Oldmeadow
- Friends of Young Farmers (FOYF) – Next meeting: Monday 9 October 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage, Community services. President: Joy Ashfield
- Friends of Equestrian (FOE) – Next Meetings: Monday 10 October 7.30pm Kennedy Cottage, Community Services. Vice president: Kevin Jones
- Alumni Twilight Tours – Tuesday 17 October at 6.00pm
- Class of 1972, 1977 and 1982 – 45, 40 and 35 Year Reunions – Friday 3 November at 5.30pm – Bookings can be made by selecting here
- Class of 1967 and earlier – 50 + Year Reunions – Tuesday 21 November at 11.00am
Nancy Pettifer nee Elvins (1911-1996) (YG 1929)
RMIT Design Archives recently featured a work by Tintern Grammar Alumna Nancy Pettifer (nee Elvins) who graduated in 1929. The gorgeous illustration was featured as the cover of Australian Home Beautiful Magazine in 1936. To learn more about Nancy and this illustration please the RMIT Design Archives Instagram page here.
Community Group Fundraising
The TPG is also continuing to offer beautiful quality made customised ‘buckram’ binders for only $70. A saving of $20 as they normally retail for $90. The albums are available in both Navy and Burgundy and feature the school crest and name printed in silver on the front cover and come complete with 10 transparent sheet inserts.
The albums are great for storing:
– The official school photos
– Naplan and ICAS results
– Sports and performer ribbons
– Programs from concerts, sports days and special assemblies
– Newsletter clippings
– Your own scrapbook creations (as the pages are 30cm x 30cm standard scrapbook size)
In fact, if you think of it like a filing cabinet of memories, over the years it builds up into quite a treasure! Samples can be viewed in the uniform shop and all orders are now taken at this link through trybooking.
Entertainment Book has a special offer this month (whilst stocks last) of 2 free Village Cinema e-saver movie tickets.
The Entertainment books are offered for purchase through the School. The Entertainment™ Book, and the Entertainment™ Digital Membership, are your guide to the most popular restaurants, attractions, shopping, travel and more, all with valuable up to 50% off and 2-for-1 offers. The book is current from purchase until the end of May 2018.